Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Monday, August 4, 2008

A Lovely Long Weekend

I’ve had such a lovely long weekend of it that I’ve not really had time to post here, so here’s a quick update of what I’ve been up to.

My weekend started early, with Mum and Dad meeting me on Thursday night to stay for the weekend. It was great to see them and they were wonderful in helping me start to get to grips with my very overgrown garden! After no small amount of digging, twenty sandstone slabs, nineteen bags of garden refuse, eight bags of pebbles and some very odd sunburn, David and I are now the proud owners of a little seating area. It’s been raining pretty much non-stop since we put the garden furniture together, so we’ve not really had the chance to sit out yet, but it’ll be lovely to sit out in the evenings through the summer.



Saturday night, the boy and I went to an eighties party, which was huge fun and then on Sunday, Fiona Pine-Marten and I went to meet the beautiful baby Leah. She really is just the most delightful little girl and I hardly wanted to give her back to Fi and Paul. I have almost finished knitting her little baby sweater, but after blocking and pressing it would appear that she won’t be able to wear it for at least four months! (At least it’ll be colder by then…)

No comments: