Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Knitting in Public


I've had a lovely knit-filled weekend; starting one project and finishing another. Leah's jumper is all finished, and I'm just waiting for it to dry so that I can wrap it up as a brown paper parcel and send it winging it's way to Fi and Paul's.



This afternoon has been spent with a picnic in the Close of Salisbury Cathedral, where I got stuck into Odessa by Grumperina. It was really nice to be able to sit out and David took the opportunity to get some study in for his dissertation, in what may well be the last of the summer sun...


On the book front, I've just started A Man of Property the first book in the epic The Forsyte Saga series, by John Galsworthy. Set in Victorian London, these books are intelligent, witty, lavish and simply wonderful. I'm really looking forward to reading every last word in the series!

No comments: