Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Week of Rain

It seems to have rained pretty much non-stop since we put in out our little seating area last weekend. David and I have managed only half an hour outside today, which is a shame (especially for August!) but hopefully we'll be able to make up for it next weekend. By which time, I should also have finished little Leah's baby jumper.

On the up side, I've read a lovely book this week by Justine Picardie called My Mother's Wedding Dress. It's a collection of essays on life, family and social history; all told through the story of clothes and fashion. I'm not usually a great reader of non-fiction, but this was a pleasure to read!

Other treats this week have been lunch with my sister, who gave me a rather delightful metallic pink bag called Amore from my favourite bag company, Ollie & Nic.

I've also stayed with my dear friend Shona in her new house in North London. We had a very girly night in, putting the world to rights with some pink fizz and a movie! The next day we went out to the local Aquadrome to walk Tali, the weimararner, before heading back to some warming tomato and mascarpone soup with cheesey herby scones. Yum!

No comments: