Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Congratulations Mr & Mrs!

Conratulations to Shona and Iain! The big day finally arrived and what a day it was! The bride was beautiful, the sun shone, the brother of the bride speech reduced everyone to tears, and D even managed to make me look like I knew what I was doing at the ceilidh! (Although the waltzing did make me a little bit dizzy!) It was such a happy day and it was wonderful to see my dear friends so deeply full of joy.

The ceremony was held at St Giles Church in Stanton St Quintin, Wiltshire, officiated by a rather charmingly eccentric vicar, with the reception held at Stanton Manor, where we celebrated with Pimms on the lawn, a hog roast and dancing into the small hours. Sorry for the distinct lack of photos, but I was either busy carrying out my bridesmaidly duties or plain having fun! The button bouquets and bracelets were loved by the flower girls and the wedding favours seemed to go down really well too. (Fingers crossed for a lottery millionaire...)

The happy couple are now off to start married life with their honeymoon in Thailand and Cambodia. Hope that they have a wonderul time.

No comments: