Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Sunday, May 23, 2010

(Almost) The Perfect Weekend

Wow! What a wonderful weekend. After a slightly shaky, not to mention queasy, start I hopped on the train to Bath to join my sister for a spot of pampering. She'd spent a pretty hardcore week walking over 100 miles along the Cotswold Way (crazy girl, eh?!) and a bit of TLC was most definitely in order! First off was a trip to my favourite vegetarian restaurant Demuth's where, along with Amanda's friends Claire and Jo, we polished off a whole table full of treats, including chickpea bites, labna, a deli dip platter and some delicious lemon and herb arancini.

After lunch Amanda and I hit the shops for a spot of retail therapy. Shop of the day was probably Bloomsbury, where I found an amazing ring - a sterling silver band with a single silver button on it. Perfect! We were also very keen on All Saints, where we tried on pretty much every dress in the store and had our very own personal shopper! I even managed to buy a pair of skinny fit jeans that actually fit.

After all that shopping it was time for the pampering to begin. Amanda was treating us both to a full spa session and a treatment each, so we headed off to the Thermae Bath Spa. We started off in the open-air rooftop pool and soaked ourselves in the warm, bubbling spa water in glorious sunshine, while admiring the beautiful city skyline. Feeling pretty relaxed, we went down to the main pool for a bit of a swim, then into the scented saunas and foot baths. After two luxurious hours we parted company for our treatments. I was booked into a Balinese Dry Flotation session, which was simply heaven. I think I've got the world's best sister - thanks Amanda!


Sunday, saw me collected from the station by David and whisked off for a picnic and a stroll at Mottisfont. It was so beautiful and the flowers in the walled garden were just stunning. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks to see all of the roses in bloom. To round off the weekend we stopped off for a deliciously cold pint of cloudy cider in the beer garden of The Mill Arms in Dunbridge. I'm a bit sad that D is away now for the week, but aside from that it really was a perfect weekend!

No comments: