Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not Knitting!

This weekend I have been attempting (again) to learn to crochet! I've got quite a lot of Rowan 4ply Cotton in my wool box and while I'm waiting for extra supplies for the Soft Green Capelet, I thought that I'd get some good use out of it. To that end I searched Ravlery for a pattern that used 4ply cotton (I really do love that feature) and found Noe Noa by Bente Barosen. It's really beautiful and because it's crochet, it should be quite challenging too! Luckily, I had a trip planned to Bristol with my dear friends Piney and Lib, so on the train journey Libby helped me with getting started. Once more, I can confirm that Libby is a much more patient teacher than I am student! Getting home, I started it again, and here it is so far!



I'm not convinced that crochet is going to become my favourite craft, but it is nice to do something different. The button business is still going strong and I've recently finished a number of commissions. I've particularly enjoyed crafting this trio of bracelet, brooch and ring for a particluarly lovely friend, Angie. Creating something for friends is such a pleasure and I really hope that she loves them!



I've also been doing a spot of baking for a charity cake stall in aid of Redress. Louise, who I sit next to at work, is running the London Marathon to raise funds for this wonderful human rights charity and everyone in the department is chipping in to help her reach her target of £1,200. She's very nearly there - and you can help her on her way by clicking here.

Louise has been training incredibly hard and is doing brilliantly! I really admire her and anyone who has the determination, strength and courage to run over 26 miles. I'm not sure that it's something I could ever acheive - no matter how worthy the cause...

Good luck, Louise!

No comments: