Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Monday, July 21, 2008

Midsummer Madness

I've had a crazy weekend helping my sister complete a madcap challenge called Trailwalker in aid of the Gurkha Welfare Trust in conjunction with Oxfam GB. She and a team comprised of Liz, Nerys and Gary walked an astonishing 100km of the South Downs Way in 28 hours and 1 minute, to raise over £4000 for the Gurkhas.

The indomitable Daz and I (along with Latifa and Ali) acted as support for the team; proving food, respite and hopefully a bit of cheer as the team bravely struggled on through the day and the night. I managed to stay awake for a staggering 37 hours and even managed to get a bit of knitting done in the support van, casting on the first sleeve of Flicca!

I've also blocked my pink summer cardigan and am hoping to have it all finished by the end of the week. I really would love to wear it before it gets cold!

No comments: