Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Monday, July 23, 2012

In the Garden

There have been many great things about this summer and although the weather hasn't been one of my favourites, it has been amazing for our new garden. I've just spent the best part of the afternoon out pottering; weeding and staking, encouraging and clipping - D and I even harvested our very first crop and enjoyed some simply stunning courgette and lemon pasta for our lunch. I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying being able to look over the garden and notice all the tiny little differences every day.

This time last year, our garden was completely unloved. Wild and full of weeds, it was an embarrassment. Now I am so proud of how beautiful it is and as I sit typing this, I can't help feeling a little bit proud of it. I couldn't have imagined that it could look like this, let alone be producing veggies for my lunch! I think, most of all, I'm looking forward to tucking into a steaming great bowl of potato dauphinoise. Mmmm! It's hard to resist the urge to dig up some spuds right now even though I know for sure that they're not actually ready yet!

Back in the house, and on the needles, I've started the first of two baby dresses for two friends that have recently had their third child - a bonny baby girl and for the lovely Juliet from work, who will having her first in no time at all. It's incredibly satisfying knitting for little people - whatever you're making grows so rapidly and the finished article always looks so cute!

No comments: