Random thoughts of a would-be knitter

Monday, May 21, 2012

Going Green


The last couple of weeks have been pretty exciting in our little household as we've watched out garden being transformed from a wilderness into a beautiful garden. Last year, we got in touch with a lovely fellow called James Taylor who shared with us a vision for a natural, usable, easily-maintained outdoor space. An area that would work with and make the most of what we had and make our garden feel like another room in the house. And, boy, has he ever managed to fulfill every part of the brief.

We have a garden that is better than I could ever have imagined - and it's not even finished yet! Today is hopefully the last day and I can hardly wait to get home tonight to admire the final art. We've been out over the last two weekends, enjoying it as a work in progress with our first ever barbecue (sausage sandwiches - mmmm) and I spent an incredibly happy day planting out two vegetable patches with petit pois, sugar snap peas, courgettes, tomatoes, spinach, rocket, chard, butternut squash, potatoes, onions, leeks and garlic. If even a fraction of it comes up, I shall be absolutely delighted and thrilled to be able to eat produce from our very own garden. I can hardly wait and I'm sure I'll be out checking their progress at every possible opportunity!

I've also had a little bit of time to spend working on my new quilt, which now has 40 pieces all joined together. It's waiting for a border and some actual quilting, so I doubt I'll get it finished in time for birthday picnics, but here's hoping...


No comments: